About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Mrs. B and I teach 3rd grade Reading and Language Arts. I LOVE my job! We learn so many interesting things in 3rd grade. When I'm not teaching I like to go to sporting events and hang out with my family. We are going to have a great year!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Penguin Chick

    
      Hi students!  I really enjoyed reading all of your comments about your Christmas break!  Let's be sure to practice those grammar skills that we learned as we write comments (write in complete sentences, capatilize the first letter of a sentence, and use a punctuation mark at the end of your sentence).  Please always be sure to answer in complete sentences. :) 
     This past week we read a wonderful narrative nonfiction (expository) story this week called Penguin Chick.  This story taught us many new things about penguins even though many of you knew a lot from watching movies such as Happy Feet or from watching Animal Planet (one of my favorite channels). 

Here is the question I'd like you to answer:

** What was the fact that YOU found the most interesting/fun from the story Penguin Chick?

18 comments:

  1. My favorite fact is that penguins have a big coat like feathers that are very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Penguin Chick becuase I always wanted to know how does the mother penguin feed her baby. I found out in the book Penguin Chick!What did you like about Penguin Chick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J.A.! I am glad that you learned something new in the story Penguin Chick. How does a mother penguin feed her baby chick? Also, what page did you find this information on? Thanks again for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite fact is when the chick hatched from the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mother penguin brings the food back up from her stomach, and feeds her baby.The page was 156.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the poor dad has to stay there to take care of the baby so it wont die. but the dad cant eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She get the food and gives it to her baby

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite fact is how it grows and how fluffy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the dad penguin has to take care of the babies
    and for tow days the mother came back to the
    rookrey and the mom penguin feed her baby
    now it the dad turn to go to the ocean and find some food

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite fact is the father can not move or the chick will get cold and die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the mother has to get food and the dad has to stay with the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favrite part is when the daddy penguin has to protect the baby penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found most interusting that penguin feathers are water proof and keep them warm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lirned that the pirents take tirns getting food for the babby. I did not know that the dad went to get food also

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favrit part is when the dad pingwin had the baby had it on its feet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! Don't forget your capital letters at the beginning of your sentences and punctuation at the end. I also found all of those facts very interesting! I am looking forward to another great week! Hope you all have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello students! Sounds like you all read a great story about penguins. CB-I also think it's interesting that a penguin's feathers do not get wet. In science, we are going to investigate the adaptations and survival of animals. We will learn that certain animals secrete oils that help keep their feather's dry. Just look at how dry ducks seem to be even when they are in the water!

    P.S. Great job on remembering to use capital letters, correct punctuation, and complete sentences when blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like that boy pengens are bigger than girls.

    ReplyDelete