About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Mrs. B and I teach 3rd grade Reading and Language Arts. I LOVE my job! We learn so many interesting things in 3rd grade. When I'm not teaching I like to go to sporting events and hang out with my family. We are going to have a great year!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Go West!

Hi students!  This week we have been reading an expository (nonfiction) text called Go West.  In this we learned a lot about how and why railroads were built across the United States and why people decided to start traveling West.  Here's my question for the week:

If you were given a train ticket to anywhere in the United States, where would you like to go and WHY?

I look forward to reading your responses :) 

11 comments:

  1. If I had a ticket I would go to my birth place Washington,State.I would see my aunts,aunts and cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would by to Oklhomea,becausemy grandparentes
    live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will want to go to mexio because I like mexico because it has beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to go to go to Los Angeles.
    Because it is very big there and I think it is a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wold go to new york to have a view

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will go to New York to look at the Stauie of Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those all sound like great places to visit! I have been to Oklahoma and Mexico but I have never been to Los Angeles or New York. I love how many of you are remembering to write in complete sentences! Keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would go to Las vegas,NY because its really fun up there and buitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will go to new york and get on the subway
    and go to the city

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi B.T and A.D! I have not been to Las Vegas, Nevada either B.T. This is also a place I would like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello students! Thought I'd take you all back to two explorers that we studied early in the year in social studies. Remember Lewis and Clark? They were sent by President Jefferson to explore the west. They brought back with them valuable information including maps of their journey. They definitely paved the way for westward expansion.

    I think I would choose to visit Alaska. I saw a picture of some runners in Alaska and they were out in broad daylight. The time of the picture was 11pm! I would love to go and try out a race. I bet the scenery would just help the miles fly by.

    ReplyDelete