About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Mrs. B and I teach 3rd grade Reading and Language Arts. I LOVE my job! We learn so many interesting things in 3rd grade. When I'm not teaching I like to go to sporting events and hang out with my family. We are going to have a great year!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10, 2013
 
 
Dear Students,
 
   We have been doing Rock and Read to help us with poetry skills.  We read/sing and discuss many different things within the poems/songs.  Remember that when we do Rock and Read we are going over Lyrical Poems.  Lyrical Poems are poems that are about a persons personal feelings that have rhythm and are usually put to music.  We also identify words with prefixes and suffixes, compound words, contractions, and many more.  Another thing we have discussed this week in poetry is the fancy word : Repetition.  Repetition kind of sounds like the word "repeat" and that's what repetition is!!  It is something that is repeated. 
 
Here are your questions: What are stanzas and what is your favorite Christmas song?
 
                                                                    Joyfully,
 
                                                                        Mrs. B
 


1 comment:

  1. Students, please use your initials instead of your name :)

    ReplyDelete